Sunday, July 20, 2008

Gymnauseum

It's been a month and life is good in Thailand. On the 30th day I had to make a run for the border, hopping on a bus for 5 hours, a boat for 1, crossing into Myanmar all for the sake of a measly stamp; oh well, such is life. I've also gotten some great feedback about this blog. I assume none of you are still reading, as pointed out by my ever intelligent older brother, the blog is too long and I apologize. Starting next post I'll have 1) shorter 2) more frequent and 3) more picture-filled posts. I've never been a photo guy, but just as I discussed my blog with another guest a moment ago, he told me I would regret not capturing the memories.

Myanmar was a great trip and really got me motivated to train. The trip home afforded me an opportunity to discuss fighting and life in Thailand with an unsuspecting Swedish man who turned out to be fighting and living in Phuket full-time for the past 7 years. For him, 15 km running and 6 hours of training has been par for the course every day for years. He told me to relax and enjoy my time and not get caught up in the moment; rather, he suggested, take it easy and enjoy the experience, taking home a lot of good training and memories (could not agree more).

On Saturday the camp hosted its full-moon day, featuring beach training at sun rise and a bbq with 'smoker' fights in the evening. Training on the beach was magnificent and I do wish I had pictures, though I will rip them off the camp website very soon. Running in the sand as the sun started to rise was picturesque and cooling off in the waves was a welcomed change of pace. Hours later at the bbq, with bellies stuffed with Thai cuisine and, for some (not me), the unlimited beer, we watched a few MMA and Muay Thai fights. The action was great and a Canadian guy from Toronto ended up taking home the win; nonetheless I'll be waiting until I get home to have my first fight, when I'm more prepared.

Almost 8:00am, time to go jump rope for 30 minutes. Adios.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blog!! Im going to be going to TMT at the end of the year. Just wondering about how much you spent for the month?