Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Au Chocolat

Well I did promise shorter entries, a promise which I intend to keep; pictures, however, will have to wait as my camera is dead until I can find a power converter, so for now, ladies and gentlemen, it's imagination time.

My training has recently got a kick in the ass and my secret has become clear, Chocolate. No that was not a grammatical mistake, the C is capitalized because my training has been inspired by my new private Muay Thai trainer, going by the nick-name Chocolate. I know some of you may find this funny, thinking that from the beginning of the trip I'd fall for a Thai lady boy and that this particular character might have fit the role, but don't be fooled by his unintimidating moniker. This man has had 200+ fights in his life and is kicking the crap out of me to learn me some Muay Thai.

Moreover, I had a little bit of a health scare recently, finding a scratch that turned into, what I believed to be, an infection. I drove to the hospital (Yes, drove. I'm actually driving... everywhere actually) and was warmly welcomed by a friendly Thai girl who took down my info, commented on how often Muay Thai fighters visited the fine facilities of Phuket International Hospital, and referred me over to the doctor. The whole trip, which included referring me to an ENT by accident due to miscommunication (my friend was there for a broken nose, turned out to be mighty serious) and checkup with prescription took 1 hour and cost just under $20, ha!

The hospital is immaculate and I recommend hurting yourself in Thailand any time. The hospitality is great.

No comments: