Thursday, June 19, 2008

Last day in Canada

Tomorrow, bright and early (though the sun will likely not have yet risen) I'll be off to Trudeau Intl. to fly off to Thailand to kick off my 9-week trip and foray into MMA. In order to get the best deal possible I've had to settle with over a dozen hours of layovers and stops in Hong Kong and Toronto, but who can complain, I'm getting the hell out of dodge! Last minute packing and goodbyes are in order for today -- I may just go out all night and head right to the airport as suggested by entirely too many friends; looking out for my best interests are we?

My flight arrives in Bangkok at 9pm, most likely too late to grab the late flight to Phuket, so I'll crash wherever possible and head out on the first plane out of there. Very excited to join the Tiger Muay Thai team and for those of you who haven't read previous posts, that's where I'll be training for 9 weeks in preparation for my fight(s). I want to thank everyone for helping me get everything together and I promise to update this blog as much as humanly possible, with as many photos as I can muster - I'd add some now, but the sight of my ugly mug sans a scenic Thai backdrop is hardly bearable.

In parting I'll leave you with a taste of the sport that I'll be immersed in for the next 2 months, enjoy.



(PS: My favourite KO of the year would definitely be Tim Boetsch -- he flips David Heath like a rag doll!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

please don't die fatty!