Sunday, June 29, 2008

Achey Tummy

So as for eventful stories here in Thailand, I've come up empty-handed this weekend. I've been pent up in my quaint villa surfing African movie channels and catchup up on my new releases as opposed to training and adventuring due to my recently acquired stomach bug. Nonetheless, I still plan on working through the discomfort and am about to embark on a run through the temples and forests here with the trainers at 7:30 before morning training.

George Carlin would be advised to remain resting in peace as if he were to drift by Phuket, he may in fact, for the first time, see a man shitting while running at full speed.

The food, the people, the atmosphere is great here; aside from the occasional wiff of fermenting garbage from open trash cans (bad idea) along the roads, this place is very pleasantly aromatic and calming. Most of the sounds you'll hear are from the various fauna, all of which are extremely exotic and foreign to me, yet, unsurprisingly, mundane to the locals. For two or three days I kept running off to the door several times during the day after hearing someone belting off four quick knocks on my window or door; however, after some stealthy detective work, I think it was a croak of a lizard of some sort -- cheeky bastard.

This week, I hope, will kick off my real start of training with running, sparring, and getting the tar beat out of me several times a day in order to get myself physically prepared to have the opportunity to have even more shit beaten out of me in a ring. Let's hope this stomach bug doesn't persist, or that may actually come true, literally.

No comments: